Margareth Pierre-Louis, MD, MBA, FAAD
Dr. Margareth Pierre-Louis is a board-certified dermatologist currently practicing in the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Dr. Pierre-Louis grew up in Southwest Florida. She attended Duke University in North Carolina for her undergraduate education. She graduated from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with her medical doctorate in 2010 in addition to simultaneously completing a Masters degree in Business Administration from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business, with a Health Sector Management certificate. Following her education, Dr. Pierre-Louis moved to Minneapolis, MN, and completed her internship at Hennepin County Medical Center and dermatology residency at the University of Minnesota Medical Center.
Her practice career started at the University of Minnesota and she has seen thousands of patients in medical consultation. Her personal and professional passion is to educate all on the importance of skin wellness related to 1) diagnosis and treatment of acute dermatologic disorders, 2) successful management of chronic skin disorders, 3) treatment and prevention of skin cancer, and 4) graceful aging.
Dr. Pierre-Louis’ clinical interests include general medical dermatology in adults and children, cutaneous surgery, photoaging, inflammatory skin disorders (acne, eczema, psoriasis), autoimmune skin diseases, and dermatopathology. She has a special interest in health economics, focused on how medical utilization can better improve care access and delivery.
Dr. Pierre-Louis’ niche of expertise lies in the diagnosis and management of hair diseases. She has spent countless hours researching hair loss (alopecia) and desires to make an impactful difference in our understanding of these conditions. Her work has been presented at numerous scientific conferences and is published in multiple peer-reviewed journals.
BS, Duke University
MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine
MBA, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
Transitional Program Internship, Hennepin County Medical Center
Dermatology Residency, University of Minnesota Medical Center
American Board of Dermatology
American Academy of Dermatology
American Medical Association
American Telemedicine Association
North American Hair Research Society
Society of Physician Entrepreneurs
Women's Dermatologic Society
- Pierre-Louis M, Wilke MS, Sperling LC, Hordinsky MK. Distinctive Histopathologic Findings in Linear Morphea (en Coup de Sabre) Alopecia. Journal of Cutaneous Pathology 40(6): 580-4, 2013
- Donovan JCH, Shapiro RL, Shapiro P, Zupan M, Pierre-Louis M, Hordinsky MK. A Review of Scalp Camouflaging Agents and Prostheses for Individuals with Hair Loss. Dermatology Online Journal 18(8):1, 2012
- Pierre-Louis M, Byer-Parsons T, Burkhart CN, Morrell DS. Perioral Lesions in Ectrodactyly, Ectodermal Dysplasia, Clefting Syndrome. Pediatric Dermatology 27(6): 658-60, 2010
- Ferris M, Shoham DA, Pierre-Louis M, Mandhelker L, Detwiler RK, Kshirsagar AV. High Prevalence of Unlabeled Chronic Kidney Disease Among Inpatients at a Tertiary-Care Hospital. American Journal of Medical Sciences 337(2): 93-7, 2009
Presentations & Lectures
- Clinical, Immunological, and Histological Evaluation of 55 Patients with Scalp Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus. M Pierre-Louis, SH Allam, Wilma Bergfeld. American Society of Dermatopathology 51th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, November 2014 & 9th World Congress for Hair Research Conference, Miami, FL, November 2015
- Acneiform Eruption with Histological Features of Toxic Erythema of Chemotherapy. M Pierre-Louis, J Tich, D Miller. American Society of Dermatopathology 52th Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA, October 2015
- Pigmentary Skin Disorders. Practical Dermatology - Basic & Advanced Topics for Primary Care Conference Lecture. St. Louis Park, MN, October 2015.
- Disorders of Pigmentation. University of Minnesota Medical School Dermatology Student Lecture Series, Minneapolis, MN, March 2015
- Viral Diseases of the Skin. Boynton Health Services, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Primary Care Continuing Medical Education Lecture, Minneapolis, MN, March 2015
- Epidermal Nevus of the Epidermolytic Hyperkeratotic Type. M Pierre-Louis, JL Loso, SA Hylwa, MW Tsang. American Society of Dermatopathology 51th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, November 2014. American Society of Dermatopathology 51th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, November 2014
- Hand Dermatitis: Ten Tips to Survive Countless Diaper Changes and Harsh Minnesota Winters. Dermatology Update Conference for Primary Care, Park Nicollet Clinic, St Louis Park, MN, October 2014
- Distinctive Histological Findings in Linear Morphea (en Coup de Sabre) Alopecia. M Pierre-Louis, LC Sperling, MS Wilke, MK Hordinsky. American Society of Dermatopathology 49th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2012
- Perianal Localized Lymphedema (Elephantiasis) in a Middle-aged Male with Morbid Obesity. M Pierre-Louis, C Firkins Smith, R Weenig. American Society of Dermatopathology 49th Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, October 2012
- Neurogenic Inflammation: Evidence for a Causal Role in Lichen Planopilaris. M Pierre-Louis, M Ericson, S Kavand, I Doche, R Speltz Paiz, G Wilcox, A Junquiera Bertin, MK Hordinsky. Society for Investigative Dermatology 75th Annual Meeting, Raleigh, NC, May 2012
- Neurogenic Inflammation May Play a Pathologic Role in Symptomatic Scarring Alopecia. M Pierre-Louis, M Ericson, S Kavand, I Doche, R Speltz Paiz, G Wilcox, A Junquiera Bertin, MK Hordinsky. Cicatricial Alopecia Research Symposium, Bethesda MD, October 2011